DK or WW yarn
Front Horizontal loop is the loop below the 2 v's at the top. The other name for this stitch is the camel stitch. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9L4WPFhmzDg
Note: if you don't want the textured look then just sc in each stitch across like normal. You can also make it fatter buy doing 8 rows and stitching together to make a tube.
Pattern:Make a chain 72 inches long.
Row 1: hdc in 3rd chain from the hook and in each chain across.
Row 2-4 : Ch 1, turn. Sc in the front horizontal loop, continue to sc in front horizontal loop across.
Finish off leaving a tail for sewing at the end.
To make up:
iKnits has given me permission to link to her video to show you how to make the headband up. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kntjhmZbKBU
1. Divide piece into 3 and mark turns with a safety pin or other marker you may have.
2. Make a circle by bringing the top end around to the first safety pin. Join with a safety pin.
3. Bring the other end around and join 3rd pin in same place as the other 2.
4. Cross the outside loop up and down over the inside loop and pin (see video) you need to have 6 sections.
(I didn't get any good photo's with my phone from this point SORRY! It was a total blurry mess so you will have to see the video)
5. Weave 3rd section through following video.
6. Sew ends together
7. Remove safety pins.
8. Post a picture on my Facebook Page