It's Super Hero day today at my sons school. Originally he wanted to go as Iron Man but we didn't have time to get a costume together for that.
He already had black clothes and a vampire cape. As you can see we turned the collar down so it looked the part.
The Batman Hat was inspired by this pattern here. I didn't use the pattern for the hat as it is written for a worsted weight (10ply) yarn and I tend to work more in double knit (8ply). It also doesn't have a gauge. So I free handed the hat and used the pattern for the ears.
The only thing I changed on the ears was I increased the width by 4 stitches. This was to make up for using a smaller yarn.
All in all I think it turned out well. He looked the part along with all the other Batman's at school today.